Mechanical Workshop, Samastipur
Mechanical workshop, Samastipur was established in 1881 for overhauling of Steam locomotives, POH of coaches and wagons. It originally belonged to Bengal & North Western Railway (BNWR) and subsequently merged in state owned Oudh Tirhut Railway (OTR) on 1st April 1943. Later on, after formation of zones, it became a workshop of North Eastern Railway. Subsequent to restructuring of zonal Railways, it has come under East Central Railway. At present, this workshop manufactures BOXNHL wagons and repairs BOXN type wagons. The workshop is IMS, ISO 50001, ISO 3834 and 5S certified.
Photo Gallery (Click the links to view Photos)